Saturday 11 June 2016

"Big Bang" Theories

A couple of years ago Hannah introduced us to the comic delights of the Big Bang Theory.  For the few who do not know it is a tv programmed based of the fictional lives of a small group of science geeks. Immediately Hannah began to draw similarities between my personality  and those of the character played by Jim Pearson, Sheldon Cooper. At first I was unsure how to take these comments as I was new to the programme and did not understand the character and his quirks.It was not long before I realized how true she was. I cannot claim to have Sheldon's eidetic memory nor his intelligence but I do understand some of his social misunderstandings and the oddness and ambiguities of our language. If there are two ways of interpreting a conversation you may be I get the wrong meaning. And sarcasm is totally wasted on me as I never know.
I have grown to love my personality counterpart and although I do not let on, I love watching the programme.

No comments:

Post a Comment