Wednesday 8 June 2016

Musing on "Safe" Places

I do this every time. When I have something important like keys, like a document  just arrived in the post, a receipt for some electrical purchase, I always put it away somewhere "safe". There it will stay for a day, a week or longer until the time comes when it is needed. Only to find my "safe" place is so safe I cannot find it. Hours of frantic searching takes place in which I enlist the search party of husband and daughter. We all go around the place looking in old "safe" places and never finding it because I knowingly had put the item in a new "safe" place.
The really annoying thing is that I am never the one to find the item. But somehow when it is found I suddenly have total recall of where I place the lost item.

No comments:

Post a Comment